Minor in Instrument Repair
The courses outlined as part of the instrument repair minor are designed to provide those enrolled a better understanding of the mechanics, assembly, disassembly, repair, and appropriate maintenance of musical instruments.
Students are exposed to and learn how to diagnose instrumental problems, estimate the time required to complete a standard repair, provide an estimate of the cost of the repair, and estimate the cost of associated instrument maintenance.
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.
Upon completion of a minor in instrumental repair, students will:
- identify and assess repairs needed for brass, woodwind, string, and keyboard instruments;
- develop maintenance plans for brass, woodwind, string, and keyboard instruments;
- determine cost estimates for materials and repairs;
- tune keyboard instruments; and
- create a business plan for acting as an independent repair contractor.